Thursday, June 20, 2013

English Please

I'm tired of America catering to everyone and everything. At some point the melting pot is so diluted it is no longer what it was meant to be. I saw a commercial for a nationwide store the other day in Spanish. Last I checked English was the language of the land. What other country caters to every culture and language like America does. It's great that people come to America (legally) and that they keep their traditions and language alive in their families and communities. What I don't like is people trying to change our culture and core values. In the previous centuries immigrants came to America, assimilated into American culture and ideals, learned English and became Americans. If someone doesn't like our culture our language our values our way of life then why come? I would not expect to go to a foreign country and have them cater their society to me and my values. If I don't like their culture or society then I don't have to go there. I've seen kids here learn the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish..really..if I'm going to pledge my Allegiance to America I would think I should at least have the decency to say it in English. There are certain things that make America great, things that built our nation, and many are trying erase that from existence. Those who seek to divide us and pit Americans against each other on the basis of skin or ethnic background or other divisions should be ashamed. There is a reason people flock here. We are free, or least we were. Someone we all know stated that he was going to fundamentally change America, well sadly, he is well on his way. When it's practically a crime to be a true patriotic American we need to stand up and defend America, the one that was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment